Kelly Cardenas Shears, powered by Shiro Shears. The specialized Hair Shears in this video are available at https://www.shiroshears.com/products/kelly-cardenas-collection/
Stylists: Sara Bryan, Dani Mclaren, Gina Atkinson, Kelly Cardenas www.kellycardenassalon.com
Filmed by Bradley Dunn.
— Shiro Shears (@ShiroShears) March 7, 2014
Kelly Cardenas has teamed up with http://ShiroShears.com to bring you the Kelly Cardenas Signature Collection.
Every Stylist is an artist. There’s no doubting it. Styling Hair is an art form and Hair Shears are the paintbrush. Most professional hair stylists make a significant investment in the hair shears they use every day. It is an investment in yourself as an artist, and an investment in yourself as a professional.
Your clients are the canvas, In case you were wondering?
Where did you get your hair shears?
If you got your shears from your cosmetology school, chances are that the hair shears are not going to last long. These scissors were meant to be used during school while you are learning. If you have not replaced your beauty school hair scissors yet, then you have waited too long. It is common practice in the Beauty Industry for Salon Professionals to attend yearly Beauty Shows. You buy a ticket to attend the events that take place there. The chance to rub elbows with other professionals and celebrity hairstylists is a fantastic opportunity. There can be many reasons to attend, and they are all good for the enhancement of your career. But if you were one of the salon professionals that bought your shears at the beauty show, you may not have gotten the best deal.
How much should I pay for my Hair Shears?
If you bought your Hair Scissors at the Beauty Show. You probably paid a pretty penny for them. If your shears cost you over $1,000 then you definitely paid too much. Many companies spend a lot of money to put on a big production and have a lot of people working in order to attract a crowd. The truth is that it is unnecessary to pay that much for one pair of hair shears. On the other extreme is the many companies selling shears for about $100 a piece. Chances are those shears will not last in the long run. Look for a price point somewhere inbetween and a company you can trust like Shiro Shears. If you can get a 30-Day Return Policy and a Lifetime Warranty like Shiro does, you can have peace of mind that you are buying a pair of hair shears that you can count on for many years. There are even payment plans available to make it easy to afford the best shears for you.
Factory sharpening & repair services for all your hair scissors.
INCLUDED IN OUR SCISSOR SHARPENING SERVICE:
- Take apart Scissors and inspect thoroughly for any areas needing special attention.
- Disinfecting of scissors or shears from fungus and other bacteria
- Razor Sharp Honing and Sharpening
- Minor repairs such as small nick removal
- Balance & Adjustment
- We also add or replace finger rings, washers, finger tangs, stoppers and more!!!
SCISSOR RECONDITIONING WILL RESTORE YOUR HAIR SHEARS. SOMETIMES HAIR SHEARS REQUIRE ADDED CARE DUE TO: IMPROPER SHARPENING, EXCESS WEAR, AND RUST.
Some sharpeners sharpen at the wrong angle destroying the convex edge which decreases the efficiency of your hair shear. We are able to fix this problem for you by re-convexing your hair shears to make the scissors like new.
When a shear becomes worn, it needs re-convexing to increase the function of the shear.
To avoid rust, keep your hair shears away from hair chemicals. Letting chemicals set on any part of your shears will pit the surface, even stainless steel can be corroded by strong chemicals. Be sure to rinse any chemical solutions from your shears immediately. Also keep them dry and clean.
INCLUDED: If needed, we will replace the Finger Rest or Tang, Finger Rings, Washers, and Bumper. NOTE: We have parts for most makes of professional hair cutting shears.
Styling Shears 101 – Tips and Tricks:
- Clean your Styling Shears every day with dish soap/hand soap and warm water. This will clean any chemicals, hair, and dust stuck to the steel.
- Check Tension Daily: Make sure your tension is not too loose or too tight. If the styling shears tension is too loose, they will not cut; but if they are too tight, they will become dull much faster.
- Storage: Always keep your styling shears in a scissors case. We have seen far too many stylists with styling shears piled up in a drawer where they get easily damaged.
- Never use disinfectant spray on your hair styling shears, and don’t ever put them in Barbicide. These harsh chemicals will destroy the steel and cause it to rust.
Properly maintained hair styling shears will last you for years. Hair cutting shears are a hair stylist’s most important tool. As a stylist, you pay way too much for your shears to just let them become a victim to improper care.
Written by Shiro Shears