Lauren Alaina-Big Voice, Big Hair
March 29, 2011:
Lauren has now made it into the top 11.
Lauren rocks a big pop of white blonde color merged into her chocolate brown base. Her luscious tresses have already transformed just in the few weeks the teen-ager has been on AI.
Recently Lauren showcased beautiful volume and texture on the American Idol stage.
Follow the steps below to re-create Lauren’s American Idol hairstyle:
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water according to your favorite method such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), Low Poo (LoPoo) or Water Only. Select a product which is best for your hair type, texture and current condition.
2. Rinse with lukewarm water and gently squeeze excess water out with your fingers.
3. Apply a rinse-out conditioner from the top of your ears down to your ends.
4. Detangle strands with your fingers or a hair-friendly smooth wide-tooth comb. Work from the ends up to the roots.
5. Rinse conditioner from hair and finish with a cool/cold rinse.
6. Towel blot to remove excess water from strands.
7. Apply leave-in styling cocktail consisting of leave-in conditioner, defristant and styling cream, mousse or gel.
8. Separate hair into individual sections which are 2-4? in thickness.
9. Use a long finger diffuser set on low or medium speed on a cool or low heat setting.
10. Working from one side of the head to the other use the diffuser on each section drying hair until 85% dry.
11. When entire head is 100% dry use a 1 and 1/2? curling iron. Spiral curl hair from roots to end holding the iron up with the barrel pointed down towards the floor and your elbow up towards the ceiling. Wrap the hair around the iron around the iron directed away from the face. For a realistic pattern alternate size of the sections, how tightly you wrap the strands or the direction of the iron.
12. After each section if curled re-roll around fingers and pin to the head to cool.
13. Before leaving the house unpin each section, spritz lightly with light hold hairspray and tousle lightly with fingers while tipping your head from side to side.
14. Finish with a drop of shine serum applied to the palms of your hands and massaged completely. Smooth over the top of your new wavelicious hairstyle.
I look forward to watching Laruen Alaina’s hair journey on American Idol. She has such long and lush strands I’m sure the AI hairstylists will create some amazing new styles for her to rock along with her talent.
Jan 28, 2011:
If you missed last night’s American Idol, you missed a big clue into the future of hair styles. Is this a potential comeback for that glam rock hair we all used to love? Lauren Alaina is a throwback from the late 80s and early 90s ‘big hair’, and you all know you love it!!
15-year-old American Idol teenager named Lauren Alaina, from Rossville, Georgia, told the American Idol judges that she was inspired to audition by her cousin, who is a cancer survivor.
After singing the cover of the Faith Hill hit Like We Never Loved at All, American Idol judges Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson were literally dumbfounded at what they had just heard from young teenager Lauren Alaina, the very last performer of the night at the Nashville auditions.
Steven Tyler, after seeing Lauren Alaina start to tear up, said:
“I think you should cry. Because you’re going to make 40 million people cry tears of joy, baby.”
Lauren Alaina could be the next American Idol and could have millions of females wanting to look like just like her. The flashy big hair totally rocks and I can’t wait to see what they will do when the ‘Idol’ stylists get their hands on her. What do you think they will do?
Is big hair the latest trend in hairdressing? Isn’t it cool how styles seem to go full circle. Trends always repeat themselves.
Get your own big hair with great savings on Hair Styling Shears for professional hair stylists.