5 Hairdresser Business Strategies For Success
We need to continue to look at the very basic elements that makes up a successful hairdresser business.
I can recall reading an article about Jack Nicklaus, who for you that don’t know is a golfing legend. Anyway he told the story that every year at the beginning of the year he went to his teaching pro and told him, “show me how to hold the club, address the ball, etc. Do you understand what he’s doing? He’s going over the same fundamental aspects of his sport and achievements, and we should do exactly the same.
Learning is an outstanding tool that will replace some of the exaggerations of how to run a successful hairdresser business that we encounter from our peers in the industry that haven’t ever increased their sales. If we listen to the geniuses in the station next to us we become stale and stagnant and our clients will certainly know it and begin to look elsewhere for the services that we provide. But the real fulfillment comes for us when we keep on learning continually and never think that you or I have actually arrived.
So let’s just touch on a few of the many facets of running a successful hairdresser business:
1. Your customers are #1: This is as fundamental as it gets and yet all of us are to eager to bow up and let our folks know specifically what we feel … like, ‘don’t they realize how I’m helping them? I’m just having a bad day today so I hope that they’d stop with the complaints all the time.’
Do we really have bad days? I mean does it rain on the just and the unjust? Yes of course, but we’ve got to show our recognition of our clientele and respect them just like we want them to respect us. Actually, would you like to try a little test with your customers? Take them to the next level in service and see how they respond; are you game?
2. There’s gold in your list: I can’t repeat this too many times because this is critical that you must have or develop your own list of customers that you can stay in touch with on a constant basis. So let me see … how would you like to have your customers be loyal to you?
Just how good would it be if you produced a totally loyal client base that will continue to schedule you and refer others to you? How do you promote this and repeatedly give to them a lot more value as a customer of yours? By building and taking care of a list of every person that you serve and the touch base with all of them continuously.
3. Lifetime customer value: This is a phrase that many in business don’t incorporate or employ into their businesses. And it’s unfortunate. You can’t actually know how good you can serve you clients until you understand just what they are worth to you in your hairdresser business in the long run. Or as it’s called … their lifetime customer value. You will need to know a simple but effective formula to figure this out; cost per visit, products bought, visits per year, times 5 years.
4. New Faces: First time visitors should be your special guests each time you get one in your chair. Have you ever listened to a salesperson for the first time and wondered how you were going to get screwed? I mean treated? Have you ever taken advantage of your first time customers? I’m sure that you haven’t, but we’ve all experienced that uncomfortable time ourselves, haven’t we?
5. Being fresh: And I don’t mean being forward with your clientele, but by introducing some kind of new thing into your salon or station to change the decor that you’ve hung on to for the past XXX years. And I bet you already know exactly what I’m referring to don’t you? Come on spruce it up a little. Do some themes every once in a while to bring some contemporary thing to your space and have fun with your customers. Make them laugh, see if they would like some tea of coffee or a bottled water. How about some fresh made fudge? Don’t give them those peppermints that are so old the cellophane is stuck to them. Give it a break!
Obviously some things to think about and then … make it happen. Come on, give yourself to your clientele and see if they don’t approve of your hospitality.
Wouldn’t you like to become one of the leading hair salons in your town? You can and you should because you are the worth your best effort.
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=380789&ca=Business